My friend Ilse nominated me for the Infinity Dreams Award — I'm so flattered! (And you should definitely check out her blog here if you enjoy fine writing and excellent humor). Thanks for thinking of me, Ilse! I never even knew I was in the running for an award, and suddenly I've won. I may take myself out for ice cream or something :)
Here are the rules of the award:
Thank the blogger who nominated you, and add a link to their blog.
Post the picture seen below on your blog.
Answer the 11 questions.
Nominate at least 3 bloggers.
Because I love blog posts with pictures, I will include some with my answers. Here are Ilse's questions:
1. If you had to live in a book, which one would you choose, and why?
This is a tough question! I think I would want to live in a comfortable book, in which all of the main characters end up happy and nothing terribly violent or tragic happens that ruins everyone's lives. I think I'd choose the book Edenbrooke, by Julianne Donaldson — I would say that it meets all of those qualifications and is set in the beautiful English countryside to boot. Plus, it takes place in a Regency Era world where the characters just happen to have quite modern-style dialogue and ideals, so it is kind of the best of all eras.
2. If you could have any animal as your pet, and the pet would be tame and love you, which animal would you pick and why?
How fun! I think I would like a red fox... or an elephant.
3. What is your favorite time of year and why?
I really lovelovelove summer, when it's warm and the days are long and the nights are cool. It always feels like freedom and possibility to me, even when my life is basically unchanged. But I also get really excited every time autumn comes around — sometimes I get restless for Autumn just thinking about colored leaves and that chill in the air and the smell of dead grass. But I also love fresh snow and Christmas. And I really love when the whole world wakes up again in the spring and it feels like life has started for the first time. So... all of the above?
4. What is your favorite time of day and why?
12:06 pm, because it's my birthday minute (December 6th). Every time I see it on a clock I sing Happy Birthday Minute to myself.
5. If you could have one superpower (and it doesn't have to be traditional, like laser-eyes or flying, though you could pick those) what would you choose and why?
Hmmm... I usually say invisibility, but I'm intrigued by the idea of non-traditional superpowers. I think I would like the power of perfectly-fitting clothing, so that whatever piece of clothing I put on, it magically fits me perfectly and modestly. How great would it be to never have to try anything on at the store? And you'd never have to lament that there are only XXS and XXL sizes left on the sale rack. It would be brilliant!
6. If you had to wear only one shade of one color for the rest of you life (and your wedding and funerals don't count) which one would you choose and why?
Probably navy blue... somehow pretty much all my clothing ends up being that color anyway.
7. If you had to be something other than a human, what would you choose and why? A leopard? A tree? A star?
I think I would be water. You can go anywhere as water. You can go high up in the clouds as rain, or you can flow through rivers and streams or canals and fountains. You could hang out for a while in someone's brain, explore the sewers in Paris, or float lazily for a few thousand years in an aquifer.
8. What is your favorite book genre and why?
Probably classic fiction right now. I love reading really beautifully-worded passages and stories with depth.
9. Make someone up, right now, and describe them inside and out.
Penelope had been a great beauty in her younger days, and remnants of that beauty could still be seen in her soft white hair and dark eyes that sparkled when she smiled. She walked with an air of contentment and leisure, as if she had nowhere in particular to go and was quite enjoying getting there. But the gentle slowness of her demeanor concealed a mind very much awake and as interested as ever in the world and lives of those around her.
10. What is your life's dream...and why?
I want to visit Australia before anyone else in my immediate family. When I was a teenager, I discovered that no one in my family had been to Australia yet, so it's been my dream to go ever since.
11. If you could have one wish, what would it be and why?
Hmmm... I feel like wishes always come with unforeseen consequences, but I might risk asking for a really good German bakery in my neighborhood :)
Those are all the questions! So now I get to nominate 3 people. I choose: Elisabeth, George, and Ruth, because they are the only people I know who sort of keep blogs regularly and who might want to receive such an auspicious award :)
If you are game, my nominees, then here are your questions:
1. What is your favorite piece of furniture?
2. What is your favorite weekly Sunday activity (other than attending church, naturally :)?
3. What type of music do you like to listen to and when do you like to listen to it?
4. When did you have a favorite soda as a child? (This is not a typo.)
5. If you could visit anywhere in the world right now, where would you go?
6. How do you like your eggs?
7. If you could suddenly play one musical instrument perfectly, which one would you pick?
8. What is your favorite place to read? (I borrowed this question from Bekah's list.)
9. If you had to go on a 12-hour date, what would you want the activity to be?
10. What do you like to do when it is pouring rain?
11. What is your life's dream... and why? (Borrowed from Ilse's list.)
Have fun! Thanks for reading!